eShopForums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I Buy?

4 posters

Go down

Should I Buy? Empty Should I Buy?

Post by ReggieIsBetter Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:30 am

On Craigslist, I found an Atari 2600 with paddles, cables, and games (ET, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Pitfall, Adventure, Defender, Asteroids, and Space Invaders). However, it has no joystick controller and I don't have aTV with a rabbit ears connection, so I'd have to invest more into the already 50 dollar price for what I listed. Should I go for it? I understand that those games are some of the best for the system.

ReggieIsBetter
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Should I Buy? Empty Re: Should I Buy?

Post by eShop Master Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:10 am

Well you may find those games digitally cheaper, but if you want the real retro experience you should go for it. You can get a paddle and an adapter relatively cheap.
eShop Master
eShop Master
Admin

https://eshopcompanion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ReggieIsBetter Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:57 am

Thanks I'm arranging with the guy now. I just love the feel of those old consoles. I have much better games than ET but I want to smell it Smile

ReggieIsBetter
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post by eShop Master Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:02 pm

Yeah I can understand. I hope everything goes well. I used to have an Atari 2600 as a kid. It's definitely an interesting experience.
eShop Master
eShop Master
Admin

https://eshopcompanion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharksfan2512 Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:37 pm

It all comes down to reliving the authentic experience. We all know digital emulation is possible and a convenient alternative but there's also many similar recreations of the Atari 2600 such as the Atari Flashback series system that comes equipped with built in games as well as paddles and joysticks. I, myself, would go with the original as it is unbeatable in terms of nostalgia for me.

Sharksfan2512
Cool User
Cool User

Back to top Go down

Post by Link999123 Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:30 am

Well, you SHOULDN'T buy it (almost all Atari 2600 games suck), but whether or not you will depends on what it means to you.
Link999123
Link999123
User 64
User 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum